Thursday, November 12, 2009

The worst and yet most inspiring yoga class

I missed my yoga class Tuesday morning because I could not get out of bed, and I have been feeling guilty about it until this morning. It turns out the normal instructor is out of town this week and we have a substitute teacher... hehe Our usual teacher does a Vinyasa flow style, which is pretty fast paced and I LOVE IT! Today was... interesting... to say the least. We started of on our knees for about 5 min... massaging our feet and rubbing our knees, and I'm thinking "when is class going to start?"... this is how the practice proceeded for the next 3o minutes... slow movements and her asking "what do you want to do now?" and I'm thinking "uh... you're the teacher...", until suddenly it turns into a freestyle movement class. She says " Let's just... move our bodies" I'm like "What?" and we start doing the crazy hippie dance right in the middle of the coffee shop where I do yoga. I was like you have got to be kidding me!!! :) Although class was a bit strange this morning the substitute reminded me of my old reiki/belly dancing instructor, and from that, somehow I am seeing things in a different light. On Tuesday I got a email from my boss saying that I have to sign up for a prenatal massage class by the end of the week, and I was not happy about it. I'm like, really, in November? I have so many other things I need to spend my money on right now... plane tickets, gifts, and whatever else the holiday season brings. I asked her if it could wait until after the holidays and she said no... I was pissed. But after this morning's yoga class I am more willing spend the money and learn something new. In fact, I am excited and inspired to learn prenatal massage. So all in all I am grateful for my weird eccentric yoga instructor this morning. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. haha. okay that is kind of funny! but I love that the substitue teacher reminded you of Melody and that you were inspired to grab ahold of the opportunity to learn something new. This class is required, yet you have to pay for it? i hate that. but i'm glad you are taking it for what it is worth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you have to pay for required classes. Don't you remember college?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hello!!! I'm so exited you started a blog! I've been a very bad blog writer lately! I saw a pic of your haircut today ..SO STINKIN CUTE <3 Jeff and I are going to look at a couple houses tomorrow... we found a really cute little 3 bedroom in columbus for $40,000! It's like the price of a nice car.. ahahah. Ok well..Just wanted to say hey and you have one more blog reader! woohoo! Lovin you so much! take care lovie love. xoxoMichelle

    ReplyDelete