Monday, November 9, 2009

My first Attempt at Blogging

Today I (Erika) am starting a blog... I'm not really sure where I am going with this yet, but I think it will be good for me to pass the time while I am so far away from home. I moved to Austin, Tx a couple of years ago from Columbus, Ohio with my boyfriend. We met when I was a sophomore in College. We have a really great meeting story by the way... maybe I will share later on. The point is, that when we met 6 years ago he was on his way to Austin to live closer to his sister Kat. Also, becuase Austin really is a great city to live in. Instead he decided to stay in Ohio with me while I finished school, and then a couple of years after that. Now here we are in Austin... Since I have lived here I have finished Massage Therapy School, and now I do that professionally... which leads to the ultimate issue. I want to go home! Unfortunatley it is not that easy for someone that does massage therapy for a living to just pick up and move to another state. Licensing is different in every state! So now my anxiety about home is starting to get the best of me... I have to wait until next June to take a test in Ohio to see if I can pass and get my license to practice there. The moral of the story is ... I am not feeling much like a healer these days... my mind is focused only on one thing, and that is... "when do I get to see my family next?". I hope this blog can be a positive and inspiring outlet for me to overcome the weirdness that I am going through right now... It's kind of like having someone to talk to:)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland!! :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Welcome! I just adore Sweet Sara, so I know I'll love your musings as well. And so far I do. Oh, and does that little herb place have a website that I could order from? I have adult onset acne (so not fair, btw. no acne as a teen, but at 30, I'm rife with it :(

    Your mask looked like something I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete