Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm thankful for Laughing!

Thursday Tim and I  hosted our annual Orphan Thanksgiving potluck  for all of our friends who couldn't make it home for the holiday. What a blast. I feel so blessed to have been there. Everyone one was bursting with gratefulness and laughter.


The food was absolutley amazing! The fun was absolutley amazing! We played games, music, had too many drinks, and ate goodies all night long. I made my Mom's homeade chicken dumpling soup from scratch. Which I tried to make last year but the dumplings didn't turn out right. This year it was delicious. Tim made a Turduckin... if you can believe it. It is a Turkey stuffed with a duck and a chicken, with cranberry walnut stuffing all around it. I was so proud of him. It was definitley a work of art! and delicious as well









 





Everyone brought a different dish without it being coordinated. It's so amazing how it all came together.  Thank you Thank you Thank you! I still feel fulfilled from all of the smiles and laughing!



I am also grateful for my new baby neice Lyla Grace Chapin. She was born last night at 4:27 am. Still can't wait to come home to you guys!!! love love love

2 comments:

  1. 1. your hair looks super cute in that pic
    2. "the fun was amazing" Love that!
    3. Who's little kid is that? and can you bring her to ohio!
    4. miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'll do a list too :)

    1. Your hair does look awesome in that pic
    2. Yes...that little kid is adorable!
    3. That turduckin looks amazing...go tim!
    4. The party looks like it was super fun!
    5. I loved your letter....as always.
    6. I miss you lots too...as always.

    ReplyDelete