Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Late Bloomers


My mother is an amazing gardener, and both Grandmothers as well. Regardless, my thumb is not so green. Last Summer I planted a raised bed, and it was a complete flop. I planted peppers, tomatoes, herbs, garlic, and it just didn't work. I blamed it on the soil and shade :) This year I decided to try pots. I got a few tomatoes, but for some reason before they would ripen they would get rotten, my rosemary is brown, and my melon is deceased. To my surprise, I now have a bloom and large tomato! It's November... a little late, but I'll take what I can get:) Maybe my thumb is not so brown...maybe more of an olive color:)hehe

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land! That is so strange that I stumbled on your blog (thanks to my favorite little ladybug) today of all days...my other window is open to amazon.com where I am about to purchase "the Possibility of Everything." My husband and I spent a week in Belize for our 15th anniversary a little over 2 years ago. It was my first time out of the country and it changed me at my core...anyway, I can't wait to read the book and read more of your entries! - abfab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity:) I'm sure you love the book, especially if you have been to Belize! She made me want to take another trip outside of the country. It is really healing to travel.

    ReplyDelete