Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Strawberry Surprise


Our kitchen has needed a painting for a looong time. It has a neon green wall with nothing on it! I have been trying to get my sister to paint something for it, but she hasn't been inspired and neither have I.  Last time I tried to paint something it didn't turn out so well. But check out my strawberry! I am so excited! It's perfect for our kitchen and I don't have to stare at a blank wall anymore:)
I don't know what's going on... maybe it's the cooler weather or maybe I'm just finally feeling better, but it feels so good to be out of the slump i have been in.  I wrote a new song and now I'm painting. Maybe just what I needed was that visit from my Besty Sara!  It seems like the clouds have lifted ever since she was here in Austin.
Oh and I'm almost finished reading Middle Sex! Not sure how I feel about it yet... maybe the end will clear those feelings up. What a weird book.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could help "lift your clouds" :) Love your strawberry! Sometimes I forget what a talented artist you are! I still have that pencil drawing you did for me so many years ago and i love it! so glad you're feeling more inspired these days and that you're also writing music again! i'll be on the lookout for your letter :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so envy you your talent and ability. I was born with an artist's spirit, but alas, no talent. My mother is a self-taught musician. My father an abstract artist. Me? Maybe I'm just an encourager. If I had the dough I'd be a patron. Anyway, your strawberry is delicious. I'm oh-so-happy that the clouds are parting and the muses are shining on you. It feels good to create. It feeds our souls.

    Erika, dah-ling, I'm loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete