Friday, May 7, 2010

Are we truly open?

For a bowl of water give a goodly meal
For a kindly greeting bow though down with zeal
For a simple penny pay though back with gold
If thy life be rescued, life do not withhold.
Thus the words and actions of the wise regard;
Every little service tenfold they reward.
BUT THE TRULY NOBLE KNOW ALL MEN AS ONE,
And return with gladness good for evil done.


-Gujarati


I come from a family without religion. I have spent my life surrounded by peers who base their beliefs on the teachings of different books, prophets, and traditions. I don't understand them. It all seems so trivial to me, because I know in my heart that no matter what religion or faith you are that we are all one. We will never agree, but at least we can try to RESPECT each other, and realize that the core of our belief systems all coincide. We can FORGIVE, tolerate, respect, and work together despite our differences or religious beliefs. This is freedom. No exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment