Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Video Blog and a Brand New Song

Hey! This is a new song I wrote yesterday. I really like it, and I wanted to share it with you. My camera wouldn't film the entire song, but it will give you the idea. Hope you like it!


Double Trouble

Long years have I spent lovin you
When we met it was right then that I knew
But as the years roll on by
How I sit and wonder why
How much longer till the day I say I do

Chorus:
It's been a long and winding road
One with laughter and with struggles
Well we've had our high and lows
But there's one thing that I know
That my trouble would be double without you

When I was lost you stood by my side
When I was found you loved me satisfied
But when it comes to settlin down
You won't seem to come around
What on god's green earth am I to do

Chorus

If I had a nickel or a dime
For every time you told me that old line
Well I'd be rich with all the things
That don't mean much to me
When all I really need, is you

Chorus x2

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! Beautiful Erika....you have such a talent for song writing that it just makes me want the whole world to hear you. Another step towards your bluegrass album. Absolutely wonderful...and words from the heart. I bet this was healing for you in a way. Love you so much, my beautiful and talented friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's family is from Appalachia. This makes me think of sitting on the porch as a kid and listening to the older generation play. I love it! Keep the Bluegrass style alive!!!

    ReplyDelete